Subscribe to our channel!
Read Alex’s original article here:
When you think about the cuteness culture in Japan, the word “kawaii” comes to mind. The word, which signals more of a childlike sense of cute, came about in the 70s and it’s been used globally ever since. And Sanrio, the company that created Hello Kitty, has built an empire around the “kawaii” culture. Cuteness is a reaction. In Japan, the kawaii culture and concept is often linked to the country’s post-WWII years. The idea is that, because of its trauma and defeat, the country leaned into its vulnerability. Decades later— Sanrio’s new face of kawaii is an egg yolk with depression, questioning life.
Vox.com is a news website that helps you cut through the noise and understand what’s really driving the events in the headlines. Check out to get up to speed on everything from Kurdistan to the Kim Kardashian app.
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Dimples plays suitcase game with Tito Boy | TWBA
- NOS VOITURES TRAVERSENT LA PISCINE ! – Giant Magic Tracks Swimming Pool Bridge
- CrisDevilGamer chơi Game Tiếq Việt siêu hack não | TAO BIẾT TUỐT
- Baby Panda's Cafe – Fun Kids Kitchen Cooking Games – Baby Bus Learn Colors Cooking for Children
- TWEE MOORDENAARS IN ÉÉN GAME?!